Sunday, January 30, 2005

not quite Ascot Govotte

This morning on the way to the airport to finally leave Kentuckiana, I was able to see Churchill Downs, home of the Kentucky Derby. It was quite exciting. I have never been so keyed up.

Story... My Uncle Waddy (my grandmothers step-dad) owned race horses, so race day was also a holy day. Once someone called him during the derby and he had some not-so-nice words to say to them. Nothing got in the way of the Kentucky Derby. Nothing. So, every year on the day of the Kentucky Derby, my dad will call my grandparents when the horses are at the gate waiting for the cue to fly away and let the phone ring one time just because he knows it gets them all fired up. We are an evil family like that. So, in the spirit of the Kentucky Derby, I bought an Orange Juice glass with the official emblem of the 2005 Kentucky Derby printed on it to send to them. C'mon Dover! Move Your Bloomin @$$

No comments: