Friday, January 28, 2005

Edgar and I were quacking ourselves up


Behind the hotel was a lake that was partially fozen over. Edgar and I noticed that the ducks were walking across the ice. We wanted the ducks to walk over to us, so we grabbed some crackers out of the restaurant and started throwing it out on the ice. The ducks would run across the ice and slip and start sliding. It was totally funny. Edgar and I were laughing histerically.

These ducks remind me of a story told in the movie "Fried Green Tomatoes". It goes like this... In the little town of Whistle Stop, Alabama there is a depression where there used to be a lake. People used to swim, canoe, and fish in that lake. One November many years ago about 40 - 50 ducks landed on the lake and paddling around when the strangest thing happened . . . the temperature dropped so fast that the ducks were frozen in the water. But they didn't die . . . they took off and the carried the lake away with them, and they say it is somewhere over Georgia.

No comments: