Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Phase II Training

I was scared of Phase II Training before I got into town. I am a hotel person, not a computer person. So learning all of the technical stuff scared me to death. When I got there, I realized that I knew a lot more than I thought I did. (Thank you Dee!)

What does SMT stand for again??? haha

The great part about Phase II was getting to see my group again. This time around, we weren't strangers anymore, so it was a lot more fun. We played a lot of pranks on each other. One day in class Shaunlaunda logged into Heath's computer and logged Heath out. Heath freaked out! It was hilarious! Scott was chaning the screens on the computers so that everything was upside-down.

We couldn't go down in history as a boring Phase II class. We had to have stories to tell. Other installers have great stories from training, so we had to live up to it. So, we had to find a mascot for our class. I wanted to steal Buddah from the Mongolian Grill, but I didn't think I could get away with it. I also thought about the giant Red Robin at Red Robin. By the end of the week, everywhere we went, I was looking for anything that wasn't nailed down. Finally, Scott won Rosie out of one of those Claw-machines. We all signed Rosie and presented her to Mirentxu (our instructor) at the end of Phase II.

No comments: