Sunday, October 03, 2004

Joseph's Baptism

I have known Joseph Say since high school. We had Heath Occupations and Physics together. His locker was always right next to mine. My running joke with Joseph is that he needs to name his first child "Confusious" Also, Joseph had a crush on me, and since he was in photojournalism, that meant my picture was in the yearbook a lot.

Anyways, when JoAnn told me that she had run into Joseph on the light-rail and invited him to church I was really excited. Joseph came to church and we invited him to meet the missionaries. He accepted to take the discussions. JoAnn and I went with Jospeh to the discussions. I was amazed during the discussions at how ready Joseph was to hear the Gospel and listen to what we all had to say. It was amazing to bear my testimony about things that are the most precious to me. Joseph was amazing and read everything that the missionaries asked him to. When Joseph accepted to be baptized, I looked over at JoAnn and she winked at me. I was so happy. After the discussion, Joseph left to go home and I went into the cultural hall where everyone was playing volleyball and I jumped up and down yelling that Joseph was getting baptized! Then I played volleyball (of course! I love volleyball!)

Joseph decided to get baptized on October 3rd, which was the same day as General Conference. During the 5th discussion the missionaries asked Joseph who he would like to baptize him. He put his cell-phone on speaker and called one of his co-workers and asked him if he would like to do it. Kevin, his co-worker, had no idea that Joseph was getting baptized, so when Joseph asked him, he was really excited! Joseph asked me to give the talk on baptism and Dan Potter to give the talk on the Holy Ghost.

It was an amazing weekend. I was able to hear the words of our Prophet and see an old friend get baptized. You can't ask for a better weekend.

No comments: