Sunday, October 01, 2006

Puddle Jumper

My flight from North Platte to Denver was the smallest plane I have ever been on. There were 5 people (and a dog) on my flight. There was no flight attendant, so the pilot turned around and welcomed us on board. There was also no cockpit door, so I could watch the pilots lining the plane up for landing in Denver, and that was cool!

6 comments:

Drywall Mom said...

I want one of those

T. F. Stern said...

Your mother and I flew into Pagosa on a Piper Navaho similar to what you were on. It was in the late afternoon and the plane was getting bounced all over by the thermal air like a roller coaster. I was turning green by the time we landed on what looked like a 7-11 parking lot that was supposed to be a runway. After landing all the male passengers had to get out and pick the back end of the plane up to swing it around for take off. You can keep those little planes.

Jahn said...

I did that twice: once from DFW to Wichita Falls (in '76, so I don't remember it all that well) and once later on from Maxwell AFB to Eglin AFB. That second one had a flight path like a rainbow. No sooner were we at cruising altitude than we started our descent.

Hot Mom said...

Not bad in the summer, but not so much fun in the winter. I flew into Cheyenne on a small plane. I didn't think the pilot would be able to line up the plane with all of the wind and snow. No thanks

Anonymous said...

ah, I loved flying those planes up in Alaska, especially during very rainy days when clouds would suddenly envelop you and you could not see a single thing in front of you, behind you, to your left, to your right, or underneath you. Yeah, with mountains around, that was a blast. :)

Fred said...

I get nervous on those planes. The last time I flew on one was from Cincinnati to Ann Arbor many years ago, and the thing shook way too much for me.

The bigger the better, as far as I'm concerned.