Tuesday, March 08, 2005
Oregon Pushed
Ross Furgeson was the lead at the Seaside, OR site (New Build) that I was supposed to be on. Each evening he would send me the daily to let me know what the progress of the hotel was. From an Opera standpoint, everything sounded great, but from an operations standpoint, not so great. I would read things that said "there is still no carpet" or "there are no doors" or "the fire inspection isn't until next week" or "the General Manager said the hotel isn't going to open". So I e-mailed Kenneth Kelly and asked him "am I really going?" especially after he sent me my rental car confirmation. He said that until IHG sent the official push documentation I was still going. Tuesday morning I get the final e-mail from Kenneth letting me know the site pushed. I thought I would be home all week. Two hours later Jen Bader calls me and I have travel to come into the office the next morning. I am crazy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment