Saturday, March 12, 2005

Bonnie D. Parkin

I got to attend a Relief Socity Conference with Bonnie D. Parkin, the General Relief Society President. She is absolutely amazing. She spoke all about the day President Hinkley called her to be the General Relief Society Pres and I had tears streaming down my face. I remember being at General Conference the day she was called. I just loved that her name was Bonnie too! She spoke about how Relief Society is an amazing organization for all women, ages 18 to 81 and everyone needs to feel included. I thought about our own wards and all of the sisters between 18 and 30 that don't feel like they are part of the ward. We can all do so much to reach out! She said that everyone is amazing. She said that we are all going to do something extraordinary. I think that is amazing! She also quoted Pres Hinkley and said that women need to be in an environment that bolsters faith. How true!So if all of that wasn't awesome enough, then she talked about serving on the CES board! She said that she was in a meeting with Pres Hinkley and it was his turn to pray. Can you imaging being in a room when Pres Hinkley was praying?!?! She said that he prayed for all of us - the Institutes and the Seminaries (and I added in the EFY counselors!)Then I got to meet her! She is truely amazing!

No comments: