When my Oregon site pushed, Jen Bader called me about 3 hours later and pulled me into the office. I told my dad that I would be flying into Baltimore the next day and would need a ride to the airport. The next thing out of his mouth completely took me by surprise. He told me that my cousin Lelia was flying into Baltimore the next day also! I had not seen her since I was 10 years old and she was 6 years old! I had no idea if her flight into BWI was a layover or if she would be staying and if she was for how long. So I called over to Hawaii to talk to Aunt Laura and find out the details. All I got was the machine. So I started to leave a message... "Um Hi. This is Bonnie. I just found out that Lelia is going to Maryland tomorrow. So am I. Here is my cell phone. Maybe we can meet up..." Then all of a sudden Lelia answers the phone and we exchange phone numbers and plan to meet up later in the week. I was so excited!
Sunday, I drove out to Kent Island and met up with Lelia for the first time in 17 years. My first impression of her was how beautiful and fun she is! We drove into DC and played tourist for the day. We went to the Smithsonian and The Lincoln Memorial, Korean War Memorial, Vietnam War Memorial, and the Capital. We rode the Metrorail and ate pizza in Union Station. We talked and talked about so many things. We talked about relationships, family, friends, life... It was a fabulous day. Then we went back to her boyfriend's house and I got to meet him and his family. Owen is a great guy and they are a cute couple.
After meeting up with Lelia on Sunday, I changed my flight home so that I could spend the next weekend with her again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment