Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Holiday Inn on the Hill

I took a Lincoln Towncar down from the Corporate office to my next site here in Washington. The driver was a cute old man that talked to me the entire way. He made sure to tell me that he had given Robert Di Niro and Morgan Freeman rides before! The hotel I am staying at is very nice and about 5 blocks from the Capital. Congress is in session. This I know because the light at the top of the dome is lit... I like being able to say that I'm working "on the hill" this week.

Anyways, I am working Cutover Support at the Holiday Inn on the Hill with Jose Sevilla. He is awesome. He was also the lead at my site in Minneapolis. He told me that we had a "cutover meeting" at 7:30 when we arrived on site and that I needed to dress nice. Actually, he had made us dinner reservations at a very nice restaurant called The Oceanaire. I doubled my food per diem! It was worth it... Jose is the kind-of lead that take advantage of the cities that he gets sent to. He doesn't sit in his hotel room and watch sitcoms or surf the internet. I really think he is great. Probably because we are a lot alike!

No comments: