I love this time of year. Chritmas is the best holiday. It is when we get to celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. I love Christmas songs about choirs of angels and wise men from long ago. I also love the Christmas lights and the decorations that everyone puts up.
This year I am happy that I made it home for Christmas! My flight got in last night at 10:30pm. I was so worried that I was going to get stranded in Atlanta due to the wintery weather in Houston. Mike Halpner said that I could come spend Christmas with him if I got stranded there. Thanks Mike! Anyways, It was snowing in Houston. Up near my parent's house and my sister's house there was maybe an inch of show, but down in Victoria it snowed 12 inches! I saw pictures on the news of people building snowmen on the beach in Galveston! Unbelievable! A sort-of White Christmas in Houston. I missed all of it because of my flight, and most of it was melted by the time I got home. It was nice to hear everyone talk about it though.
It was wierd not having my sister, Jen, over for Christmas morning festivities. Our family opened stockings and presents without her this year. Justin's family is in from Mexico, so they had Christmas morning at Jen's house. After we opened presents we joined in on the chaos at Jen's house. JJ had chocolate smeared all over his face and hands and didn't stop eating candy the entire time we were over there. Jen, Justin, and I showed my parents Halo2 for the first time when we played a few rounds of slayer. My mom said "that is a violent game!" Of course it is, we were running around shooting each other! Later in the day we went to my Aunt Pat's house for dinner and more presents. We also got to meet my Aunt Barbara's new boyfriend! Dad was sick all day and couldn't talk, and he probably should have stayed at home in bed, but that is a horrible way to spend Christmas, so he came from house to house all day with us.
All together, it was a great Christmas! I wish that Miami Beach had more of the Christmas feeling to it... I am glad to be home in Houston.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment