Friday, May 06, 2005

Cursed Hotel

The first Candlewood that I cutover had a terrible curse. The General Manager explained to me that the hotel was built over an ancient indian burial ground. Also, while building the hotel, the crew broke a statue of the Virgin Mary. Every time the hotel has a major project to complete, something terrible goes wrong.

Flash forward to two weeks before I arrive on site to cut the hotel over to Opera. Lightning strikes the hotel and fries the PBX.

I arrive on site and we cannot get the PBX or the CAS to interface with Opera. I'm going crazy! Also the VMS doesn't work. Another fried interface.

Two days after cutover the hotel loses all connectivity to the Data Center and cannot connect to the internet. After testing the hardware, I discover that there is faulty wiring between the switch and the router. But, of course, I cannot replace the wire because it does not have a jack at the wall, it just disappears into a hole. Great...

Cursed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But, of course, I cannot replace the wire because it does not have a jack at the wall, it just disappears into a hole.

How could the wire 'disapper' into a hole - This doesn't make sense ...

Doesn't this Hotel have IT Support Staff on-call throughout the weekend to resolve these issues ...?

Bonfire said...

Nope, no IT-Support staff... they were a very small limited service property, so they had a very thin staff already.

Joy said...

Apparently no good happens when you cross the Virgin.