Sunday, May 22, 2005

Brad's Challenge (and I don't even know who Brad is...)

List five things that people in your circle of friends or peer group are wild about, but you can’t really understand the fuss over.

My 5:

1. “Why aren’t you married yet?” LEAVE ME ALONE! I’LL FIND HIM! and until then, I’ll have a little fun
2. American Idol/Survivor/Big Brother/Bachelor
3. Playstation Portable/XBox… I like playing Halo or DDR on XBox, but more for the social aspect of it. People who take time off of work because a new game is coming out are bigger geeks than I am.
4. Baseball (I know that this comes as a direct blow to my upbringing, but it is boring to watch on tv. I have fun going to games or getting involved in the excitement of playoffs, but I can’t follow the whole team through the whole season, watching every game like my parents)
5. People who haven’t seen Star Wars ever… that is un-American

Bloggers/Friends that I’d like to hear this same thing from…
1) Obi-Jahn Kenobi
2) Nick
3) Sherpa
4) Thaikickboxer

5 comments:

T. F. Stern said...

Baseball IS Life, and your mother and I are wondering, did we adopt you? DAD

Jahn said...

(Gasp!) Baseball??!!! What are you, some kinda Commie?? I grew up w/in spitting distance of Memorial Stadium. Well, OK they've pretty much ruined the game w/ all the over-commercialiszation, but still...

WRT Star Wars, though, I agree completely.

As to the rest of the quiz, I'd be hard pressed to find five things that people in my peer group are wild about, that I can really understand the fuss over.

John & Elaine said...

I agree with all five. However, there are some people that go overboard as Star Wars fanatics. After all, it's a movie -- it's just entertainment.

Bonfire said...

The Original Star Wars trilogy is more than "just entertainment"

Joy said...

Hi. I'm Sherpa.

1) NFL Football. I don't get it. I don't want to get it. Please just let me watch baseball all year.

2) Phantom of the Opera Movie: My roommates were watching it a few weeks ago and I hid in my room while it was on. It still makes me a little scared.

3) This is older, but the Work and the Glory books. Not to mention Dean Hughes (please write books like Hooper Haller again) series. These scare me too.

4) The television show the bachelor and its spin-offs

5) Alias. I watched two episodes once. That was enough. I don't get it. No, I get it, I don't want to be hooked. Many people I know are really into it. Yawn. ;)