Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Houston to Wilkesboro

I raced to the airport in the rain and checked in for my flight. I got down to my gate and the whole area was super crowded, but I found a seat and took my dramamine, expecting to board my flight within a few minutes. But my flight was delayed for two hours. So I bought a mindless magazine and set up camp in Terminal B and waited for my flight.

Finally around 10pm (after waiting for a third hour), my flight boarded and we took off only to have the bumpiest flight I can ever remember being on. It was awful. It was like being on "The Materhorn" rollercoaster at Disneyland, but not fun.

When I finally got to Greensboro, I walked up the jetway and the first thing I heard was "Bonnie Stern, please report to the Continental Airlines Baggage Office" throughout the entire airport. I turned to the person next to me and said "that is never a good sign." It turns out that one of my bags never boarded the plane in Houston. (My guess is that my flight was so full that the airline took baggage off so that the plane was not overweight.) At least the bag that made it was the bag with my toiletries, so I could take a shower the next day.

Next I went to pick up my rental car and the woman behind the counter told me that they didn't have any rental cars. I was pretty much laughing at this point because I figured that it fit in about perfect with everything else that had happend so far in the airport(s) that evening. But, finally, she gave me keys to an SUV and told me where it was located. It was the last car in a very large parking lot, and it was pouring down rain.

Oh well... at least I got to come home for a day, see my friends and play Settlers, go to Church, and go to my Uncle Donny's and cousin Jason's birthday party. I can't complain too much because I was supposed to be on the 1:45 flight and I would have missed all of that...

4 comments:

T. F. Stern said...

Did you hear the one about the little guy in the window seat who got air sick except he couldn't get out because there was a huge cowboy sitting in the isle seat and there were not handy little bags in the seat compartment. He did the only thing left to him, puked in the sleeping cowboys hat. When the cowboy woke up the little guy asked, "Are you feeling better now?" lol

Sorry you had such a "fun" flight.

Anonymous said...

hey!! guess who............Brie from efy!! u know the really hyper one,well maybee not too too hyper ,but extremely HAPPY, that stuck around with emma alot, well htat's cause she's my bf and all! But anywho......HOw r u? omgosh i havent looked at u'r web sit in like ,ever! it's totally awesome. so how's everything goin? well i hope u had a good thanks giving and i hope u WILL have an AMAAAAAZING christmas, and a happy new year.
P.S,
R U ENGAGED YET?!!!!! , cause if u'r not then thoughs guys are gunna have to get cracken!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, and to think I could have listened to ya tell me all about THAT! Thank you soooo much for keeping our time-honored tradition of calling on the birthday with the song and all. THANK GOODNESS FOR CELL PHONES! ;)

Glad to hear you made it okay, even though the getting-there part sucked. I am still awaiting a layover (how about a few hours???) or stop at DIA! LOVE YA!!

Bonfire said...

Hi Brie :) I'm not engaged. No boyfriend to get engaged to :( You girls are so funny! One of these days though...