Right now I am a frustrated traveler, so I am going to vent.
My company cannot allow me to keep a rental car consecutive sites because of billing. But today I am not going to vent about Micros and the dumb things that thier travel department does. Today it is National Car Rental. I am supposed drive from Christensburg, VA to Charlotte, NC to start a new site this afternoon. But I am supposed to take the rental car to Roanoke, VA which is 3o miles in the opposite direction just to show them that I actually do have the rental car and let them get the milage. I called National Renal Car where I am an Executive Elite Emerald Club Member and gave them the Vin# of the car and the milage and the girl I spoke with said that she is not sure if she can just switch the contract over the phone (even though I know it can be done because I did it 3 days ago at the same location...) The worst part is that the car is direct billed, so I don't have to present them with my credit card, AND, get this, they don't even need my signature anywhere because I'm Emerald Club. All of that is on file. She said that she had to call her manager to find out if she could do it, but she didn't want to call her manager at 8am on a Sunday morning. I told her that I had not been to bed and had just worked 13 hours. Nothing. I have some serious issues here. 1) Management hasn't empowered the girl that answered the phone to make decisions on obvious no-brainers. 2) The girl should have called her manager on Sunday at 8am. Management is management. Managers know that stuff like this would happen when they signed up for the job. 3) Apparently my super platnum status means nothing. Renting a car from them 30 days a month doesn't mean anything. National Rental Car just likes the money my company gives them. Customer Service-what's that?
Venting over. I'm going to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Calm down my girl. It will all work out. No sense working yourself into a migraine.
Post a Comment