Saturday, November 19, 2005
Calgary Airport
I had a five hour layover in Calgary on the way home from Fort McMurray. Yuck! Immediately after getting off of the airplane and coming into the terminal, I asked one of the gate agents if there was anywhere in the airport I could get a massage. YES! Good news :) I walked over to the "Massage Garage" and got a 45 minute massage (and it was a table massage, not just a chair massage!) Then I found a restaurant to get some lunch. The funny thing about Canada was that the people recognized my name. There is a famous chef out of Toronto named "Bonnie Stern" that has a cooking show and a school. It was strange to hear people ask me about her. The best part of coming home was seeing the giant sign in front of Terminal C that said "UNITED STATES!" I was so excited. I took my luggage through customs (and this time they actually made it to my airplane after customs) and then hung out in a random airport bar watching "The Matrix" and talking to a really nice guy from San Francisco. Finally I made it home! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment