Saturday, September 17, 2005

One Short Day in The Windy City

I took the 3:10 train down into the city and I must admit that I was a little nervous after a train derailed earlier this morning on the Joilette line. But I made it in fine and I even took a nap on the train all the way in. Once I got into the Chicago I thought I would walk down towards the Lake and just see what was going on. I wasn't exactly sure which street to take, so I walked into a hotel to ask the concierge for directions and it turned out that American Idol auditions were being held there. People were running out with papers in their hands because they made the cut and I could hear singing. It was crazy. If only I could sing... That would be a crazy "tale from the road!" Next I walked down to Millenium Park and then over towards Buckingham Fountain. The Chicago Celtic Festival was going on so I got to listen to live music and watch dancing. It was actually a lot of fun. Then I went to Marshall Fields and bought some fabulous red shoes! :) I ended up at Harry Caray's for dinner. I was eating on the patio and it seemed like everyone else on the patio was wearing St. Louis jerseys. Someone made the comment that they made them sit outside and I thought it was funny, so I made sure to tell them that I wasn't from Chicago either.

No comments: