
Orchestra Level. Row A. Seat 105. (Center Stage) $25
The show was VERY different from the book, but definitely worth seeing. There were some very clever one-liners written into the show that had the whole audience roaring with laughter. The music was fabulous. And I can't even start to describe how absolutely amazing the costumes were. They were like a cross between the Ascot costumes from "My Fair Lady" but in emerald green and with a Dr. Suess twist to them. How fun! The sets were brilliant. The set for the Emerald City was my favorite with everything lighting up in bright emerald light on the stage. I wish I could have taken a picture. There are pictures on the official "Wicked" website. Also, The Oriental Theater itself is gorgeous. My favorite part of the theater was looking straight up from where I was sitting and seeing the faces carved into the ceiling looking down. My seat was so close to the stage that I got to shake the conductors hand after the show and talk the the orchestra.
Winning the Lottery was also an experience. I got to meet so many fun people while waiting for our names to be drawn out of the witch hat and then all of our seats were together, so we had so much fun enjoying the show together. I met some great women that were in town on vacation from Arizona. When people found out that I was from Houston they would say things like "we just want to thank your city for being so wonderful!"

2 comments:
Glad you had a good time Bon Bon!
I understand that you had no escort with you on the way home, late at night in Chicago. Maybe you should try on that pointed hat, the one they pulled your winning ticket from. My bet it would fit over that pointed head of yours. Glad you got to go, just use a little more common sense when out on the town. From a Dad who loves and worries about you.
Post a Comment