11:00 am - Alex calls me and asks if I can fly tonight. I say yes.
11:45 am - I get an e-mail from AmEx Travel informing me that I have a 4:35 pm flight.
3:00 pm - My mom drops me off at Terminal A at Bush Intercontinental Airport.
3:10 pm - The man at the United ticket counter informs me that my flight has been cancelled and that I was going to get rescheduled the next morning. I tried to call my mom to loop around and come get me, but her cell phone was off.
3:20 pm - I called the hotel I am staying at to find an alternate airport that I can fly into. I make the United desk agent change my flight so that I would arrive at a different airport. He changed me to US Airways.
3:30 pm - I walk over to the US Airways ticket counter and checkin for my flight to Charlotte, NC.
3:35 pm - I get patted down at security because my ticket had been changed.
3:40 pm - I called Jonathan at the hotel to give him my new flight information so that he would know where to come pick me up. "Charlotte?!?! As in North Carolina?!?!" "Yes. That is what the front desk told me." "They should have told you Charlottesville."
3:50 pm - I go back to the US Airways ticket counter to explain that I was booked to the wrong destination. They tell me that I need United to change my ticket.
3:55 pm - United cannot change my ticket because I am checked in on US Airways.
4:00 pm - US Airways unchecks me in for my flight and calls baggage claim to find my checked luggage.
4:05 pm - United rebooks my flight again. This time to Charlottesville, VA.
4:10 pm - I go down to baggage claim and pick up my suitcase.
4:15 pm - I re-check in for my flight at US Airways.
4:20 pm - I get patted down again at security because my ticket had been changed again.
6:45 pm - Finally my plane boards.
1:00 am - I arrive in Charlottesville, VA and Jonathan picks me up.
2:00 am - We arrive at the Holiday Inn Select Lynchburg, VA.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
And I thought I had a rough time of it on that flight from Kelly AFB up to Pete Field....
Jahn
Post a Comment