Sunday, November 14, 2004

Houston Regional Conference

The saints in Houston were blessed to have President Monson and Elder Hales at a special regional conference held on November 14. I was really lucky and had a few days off in Houston so that I could attend in my home stake center with my parents. It was so amazing!! The conference opened with Elder Ellis speaking. I think everyone there was excited to hear President Ellis speak to us. He was our Stake President for years, and our families are very close friends. I spoke to him after the conference was over and he said that it was a real treat for him to be back with us. The second speaker was Elder Hales. He is so cute! He was speaking to us about Robert Frost's poem "The Road Less Traveled." The concluding speaker was President Monson. It was amazing just to be there with him. He told all kinds of stories and really inspired everyone. He spoke to us about Alice and the cheshire cat. I was priviledged to shake their hands after the conference was over.

No comments: