Saturday, September 11, 2004

Tourist in Washington DC

One of the nice things about my job is the free vacations. On my weekend off I decided to go to Washington DC. I drove down there with another guy from my class, Scott. We decided that we would go on a whirlwind tour of The Mall. Neither on of us had a clue how to get around in DC, so we put 1600 Pennsylvania Ave into Mapquest and set off for the day. In about 5 hours we went to the White House, The National Gallery of Art, The Capital Building, The National Air and Space Museum, The Black Family Reunion, the WWII Memorial, The Lincoln Memorial, and the Vietnam Veterens Memorial. I loved the Air & Space Museum (of course, because I'm a science geek... there is a real lunar landing module there!) and Scott wasn't all that interested. He told me to take my time and we would meet up at a designated time. On my way to meet him, my phone rang, and Scott was 2 miles away at the Lincoln Memorial!

No comments: