Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Phase I Training

The first place my new company sent me was Columbia, MD. It is a suburb of Baltimore. I was sent there for the first of two phases of training. I was trained on the Opera Application as a user. (Opera is the Property Management System that I am going to be installing. A PMS is the software that hotels use to run the Front Office, Housekeeping, Accounting, interfaces, etc.) I thought that the training was really easy, probably because the application is very similar to Fidelio.

The best part of Phase I training was meeting everyone in my class and the management at the corporate office. There were some crazy people in my group and we had a lot of fun. The people in my group were from Tennessee, North Carolina, Atlanta, Boston, Tampa, and Baltimore. We spent breakfast, lunch, and dinner together every day. Since I was the designated driver of the soccer-mom mini-van, I got to pick where we went to lunch every day. We ate at Red Robin a lot. (BTW, if you are ever in Columbia, MD, do NOT eat at Ruby Tuesday)

No comments: