I remember, like it was yesterday, when that happened. You had gone to school and I was home watching TV. The news came home and I sat down to watch the lift-off. All of the sudden the shuttle blew up and I was in shock. How could that happen. It is just one of those things that you never forget, just like the day that JFK was killed. Won't forget that!
Hi there BF -- Your mom sent me, we live north of Conroe. You have a nice blog. I used to work at NASA but left in 1980 to teach business courses at San Jacinto College. I was in school then also, teaching. That tour you had of NASA sure was nice, I'd like to have gone with you guys. I have an Aggie son who got his chemical engineering degree there. Like I told (I'm retired now) my students and own kids, I'll tell you, "study hard." ..
4 comments:
I remember, like it was yesterday, when that happened. You had gone to school and I was home watching TV. The news came home and I sat down to watch the lift-off. All of the sudden the shuttle blew up and I was in shock. How could that happen. It is just one of those things that you never forget, just like the day that JFK was killed. Won't forget that!
I love John Denver, but you already know that.
I remember that day well. The radio came on over the announcement in elementary school and then the principal came on and told us all.
Hi there BF -- Your mom sent me, we live north of Conroe. You have a nice blog.
I used to work at NASA but left in 1980 to teach business courses at San Jacinto College. I was in school then also, teaching.
That tour you had of NASA sure was nice, I'd like to have gone with you guys.
I have an Aggie son who got his chemical engineering degree there.
Like I told (I'm retired now) my students and own kids, I'll tell you, "study hard."
..
You know, I faintly remember this. I mean I OBVIOUSLY remember the Challenger. But THIS TRIBUTE. How weird is that?
Post a Comment