Dr. Davis cancelled class for the last week, so I new that if I found tickets to the NASA causeway viewing sight, I would head out to Florida for the launch. Casper helped me find some and I cashed in some of my frequent flier miles and I was off! YAY!!! The morning of the launch I was at the KSC visitors' center when it was announced that the launch had been scrubbed. My heart his the ground. :( It was rescheduled for the next day at 4:09, but after a mission management meeting, NASA announced that it would be scrubbed until Saturday at 3:43. Friday night my friend Paul called me to tell me that the Mission Management had again scrubbed the Saturday launch. That was my last chance to see the launch. BUT! Saturday night, NASA announched that they were going to go ahead with the launch on Sunday, so I changed my flight and planned to attend the Sunday launch. I would have been really ticked if my plane had landed in Houston and then watched the launch on tv hours later. Again I drove up to the launch site on Sunday morning and found out that the launch had been scrubbed. Damn fuel sensors. I came home without seeing it. Oh well. Maybe I'll go back January 2nd.
Monday, December 10, 2007
No-Go
Dr. Davis cancelled class for the last week, so I new that if I found tickets to the NASA causeway viewing sight, I would head out to Florida for the launch. Casper helped me find some and I cashed in some of my frequent flier miles and I was off! YAY!!! The morning of the launch I was at the KSC visitors' center when it was announced that the launch had been scrubbed. My heart his the ground. :( It was rescheduled for the next day at 4:09, but after a mission management meeting, NASA announced that it would be scrubbed until Saturday at 3:43. Friday night my friend Paul called me to tell me that the Mission Management had again scrubbed the Saturday launch. That was my last chance to see the launch. BUT! Saturday night, NASA announched that they were going to go ahead with the launch on Sunday, so I changed my flight and planned to attend the Sunday launch. I would have been really ticked if my plane had landed in Houston and then watched the launch on tv hours later. Again I drove up to the launch site on Sunday morning and found out that the launch had been scrubbed. Damn fuel sensors. I came home without seeing it. Oh well. Maybe I'll go back January 2nd.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I know this is probably not even LIKELY, but if you happen to run into our dear friend Robyn Haggerty while watching the flight (she's on some project there for NASA), please give her a hug from us.
And we'll ask that she do the same in case she runs into you.
Hey, those fuel sensors are made by some of the best engineers in the state of Louisiana right here at Michoud!
Post a Comment