Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Inspiration...


I'm in over my head at school. Calculus is killing me. It is still very early in the semester, so I've decided to drop Calculus and go back and take College Algebra and Pre-calculus. It is difficult for me to think that 11 years ago I passed out of Calculus with and A, but it has been WAY too long and I am really struggling. I have to go back and repeat these courses or I'm going to have a failing grade, and we all know that failure is not an option. Anyway, every day on the way home from school I pass a billboard on F.M. 1960 with a picture of Buzz Aldrin from Apollo 11 saluting the American Flag from the surface of the moon. The caption reads, "The longest journey begins with one small step." So smaller steps it is...


4 comments:

ADDollhouse said...

okay, sure you could have passed out of it before but who REMEMBERS calculus?! WHY would you?

Good luck. I am impressed.

Anonymous said...

So that's where you are. Hey, I remember sitting at my kitchen table, with tears in my eyes, pounding it into my head over and over again until ---- well, it happened. It took everything I had and everyone who loved me, and it happened. It will happen for you to.

Joy said...

How's the College Algebra holding up?

Eugene Tan said...

Remind me what College Algebra covers? Do they do the isomorphism, homomorphism, automorphism stuff?