Monday, March 05, 2007

Stand Clear of the Closing Doors Please

 I decided to go on an unplanned tour of the burroghs of New York this afternoon. I got back from PA and hopped on the 2 express downtown at Penn Station and it stopped at 14th street for rail work, so I decided to get on the "A" train. I had to walk a couple of blocks to the platform for the "A" train and I had no clue where it was, so I followed some random people over there. They realized I was following them, and were nice enough to show me and even carry my suitcase down the steps. Finally, after waiting 20 mintues for the "A" train to show up, I finally get on and think I'm going to my hotel. I did not know that the stop I get off at was called "Broadway-Nassau" instead of Fulton Street, so I ended up in Brooklyn at the Broadway Junction stop. You would think I would notice something like the East River, but I didn't. I really can be an idiot sometimes... Anyway, I got off and got on the "J" train heading back into Manhatten. I was happy because the "J" train stops at Fulton Street. But not today. Just my luck. It stopped at Chambers Street and everyone had to get off and I ended up on the 4 train and finally arrived at my stop, only 1 1/2 hours after I left Penn Station. Grrrr...
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

T. F. Stern said...

Take The A Train
Duke Ellington, Charles Mingus
You must take the A train
To go to Sugar Hill way up in Harlem

If you miss the A train
You'll find you missed the quickest way to Harlem

Hurry, get on, now it's coming
Listen to those rails a-humming

All aboard, get on the A train
Soon you will be on Sugar Hill in Harlem

Anonymous said...

Kinda reminds me of our first adventure in Penn Station. "If I hear anything about those flags again!!"

Drywall Mom said...

I guess that you got to see more of New York than you wanted to.

Lucy Stern said...

You need to be more careful....

ADDollhouse said...

Wow, I would be so much more lost than you can even imagine.