The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nigt-time by Mark Haddon
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
A Million Little Pieces by James Frey
My Friend Leonard by James Frey
Confessions of a Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella
Shopaholic takes Manhatten by Sophie Kinsella
Shopaholic Ties the Knot by Sophie Kinsella
The Action Hero's Handbook by David Borgenicht and Joe Borgenicht
The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisenberger
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
1776 by David McCullough
John Adams by David McCullough
For One More Day by Mitch Albom
Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs (this book was so awful I couldn't finish it)
My favorites were definitely 1776 and John Adams. Hands Down. They were well written and I couldn't put them down. I learned so much about the American Revolution and the beliefs of our founding fathers whil reading the McCullough books. I loved all of the corespondence between John Adams and Abigale Adams and Thomas Jefferson in the book John Adams. It really let me into his thoughts and personality. I think I'm a lot like him. :) I also loved reading how the John Adams and Thomas Jefferson were together while writing the Declaration of Independence and how they came up with ideas of government and how they presented them to the others. It is sad how much our Country is based on Christian beliefs and now people don't want to remember that.
I also really loved The Kite Runner. I learned a lot about Afghanistan and the horrible things that have happened their and the way that some of the people there feel about it. I was crying when I finished the book. I recommend it to anyone.
I already have some great books lined up for 2007. The Great Bridge by David McCullough, Flags of our Fathers by James Bradley, The Path Between Seas by David McCullogh, Rocket Boys by Homer Hickem...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You read more books than I did last year
I finally completed two long Any Rand novels "Atlas Shrugged" and "Fountainhead" for the first time
Thanks for the update about a new book "For One More Day by Mitch Albom"
Post a Comment